Giving Animals a Voice
Guided by the humane ethic, it is the mission of the Canadian SPCA to:
- protect animals against negligence, abuse, and exploitation;
- represent their interests and ensure their well-being;
- raise public awareness and help develop compassion for all living beings.
Our role is to prevent cruelty to animals through a number of actions that benefit animals and humans. We help prevent animal cruelty by:
- receiving nearly 14,000 abandoned animals each year;
- educating the public about the benefits of sterilisation;
- advising people when adopting animals;
- preventing impulsive adoption;
- responding to animal cruelty cases.
To download a copy of the by-laws please click here.