*** You can see different animals available for adoption at the Montreal SPCA on
the Montreal Petfinder website by clicking here ***
BEFORE adopting, it is important to:
- Assess the costs of having a pet: food, visits to the veterinarian, litter, care products, and so on.
- Know your animal’s life expectancy and whether you have the time and energy to take care of a pet day after day.
- Anticipate that your new pet will need time to adapt to his or her new surroundings and understand that he could cause damages during this period.
We recommend that you download, print and fill out the adoption form for cats (click here) BEFORE coming to the Montreal SPCA. This will allow you to know the necessary information, facilitate the adoption process and save time once here.
- Monday to Friday: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Every day of the week, our adoption counselors are pleased to advise you and help you find the perfect companion for you. They will also explain all that is involved when taking on the commitment and responsibilities of bringing home a pet. The Montreal SPCA’s boutique also sells the accessories you will need for a good start with your new companion.
- Kitten – up to 5 months: $175
- Cat – 5 months and more: $125
- Compassionate adoption: $75 (depends on the animal’s health or age – the evaluation is made case by case)
*These fees include sterilization (spaying or neutering), which is mandatory for all adopted cats, the first set of vaccinations, deworming treatment, a microchip and a 15-day health guarantee (an additional fee of $20 applies to open a file).
**A $100 deposit is required for those animals who cannot be sterilized at the time of their adoption. The deposit will be reimbursed after the animal has been sterilized.
Please note that we cannot reserve an animal – you must come to the Montreal SPCA.