*** You can check the list of adoptable animals at the Montreal SPCA on
the Montreal Petfinder website by clicking here ***
BEFORE adopting, it is important to:
- Assess the costs of having a pet: food, visits to the veterinarian, litter, care products, and so on.
- Know your animal’s life expectancy and whether you have the time and energy to take care of a pet day after day.
- Anticipate that your new pet will need time to adapt to his or her new surroundings and understand that he could cause damages during this period.
We recommend that you download, print and fill out the adoption form for dogs (click here) BEFORE coming to the SPCA. This will allow you to know the necessary information, facilitate the adoption process and save time once here.
- Monday to Friday: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Every day of the week, our adoption counselors are pleased to advise you and help you find the perfect companion for you. They will also explain all that is involved when taking on the commitment and responsibilities of bringing home a pet. The SPCA’s boutique also sells the accessories you will need for a good start with your new companion.
For security as well as health reasons, we ask that all the household members be present when adopting a dog at the Montreal SPCA, this includes children, roommates (s) and the current dog(s). This will allow to verify beforehand that the new animal gets along with everyone and to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
- Puppies – less than 8 months: $295 (if you adopt a second puppy at the same time, the adoption fees of second one are $200)
- Dogs – 8 months and older: $255 (if you adopt a second dog at the same time, the adoption fees of second one are $125)
- Compassionate adoption: $75 (depends on the animal’s health or age – the evaluation is made case by case)
*These fees include sterilization (spaying or neutering), which is mandatory for all adopted dogs, the first set of vaccinations, deworming treatment, a microchip and a 30-day health guarantee.
**A $100 deposit is required for those animals who cannot be sterilized at the time of their adoption. The deposit will be reimbursed after the animal has been sterilized.
Please note that we cannot reserve an animal for you. You must come to the Montreal SPCA.