Effective date: September 20, 2023
1. Collection of personal information
We may collect the following personal information when you interact with the Montreal SPCA:
- Last name, first name and contact information (address, telephone number, e-mail)
- Payment information, if you make donations or transactions with us
- Information about the animals you adopt, surrender or request services for
- Information about your volunteer activities at the Montreal SPCA
- Information about your communication preferences
- Any other information you choose to share with us
2. Use of personal information
We use your personal information to
- manage electronic and postal mailings to you,
- manage the adoption of our animals,
- process your donations and financial transactions,
- send you information about our programs, events and awareness campaigns,
- respond to your requests for information or services,
- coordinate your volunteer participation, and
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
3. Disclosure of personal information
We will not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except
- to third-party service providers who help us manage our organization and provide services,
- when required by law or public authority, or
- when necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of others.
4. Protection of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, it is understood that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
5. Access to and control of your personal information
You have the right to consult, correct, update or delete your personal information held by the Montreal SPCA. To exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Changes to this policy