Montreal , September 16, 2013 – The Montreal SPCA is organizing Operation Adoption for Cats, an adoption clinic featuring our feline friends, to be held on September 20, 21 and 22, 2013 at the two Montreal SPCA shelters. Since the beginning of August, we received a particularly high number of abandoned or stray cats and we need your help to find them a forever loving home.
In order to facilitate the adoption of at least 100 cats, the adoption fee* will be reduced during these three days (September 20, 21 and 22, 2013):
• $60 for a cat (5-month-old and up)
• $80 for a kitten (under 5 months)
We also want to promote the importance of adopting a pet from a shelter rather than buying one from a pet store or online. Adopting gives a second chance and a home to a healthy animal, while saving lives.
Operation Adoption for Cats welcomes you at:
- Montreal SPCA – 5215 Jean- Talon West, Montreal
- SPCA Annexe – 7314 Mountain Sights, Montreal (one corner south of the SPCA)
The opening hours of the adoption clinic during these three days are as follows:
• Friday, September 20: noon to 8:00 pm
• Saturday, September 21: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Sunday, September 22: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Our adoption counsellors will be happy to help you find the right companion.
Adopt and help save lives!
* These fees include sterilization (spaying or neutering), which is mandatory for all adopted cats, the first set of vaccinations, deworming treatment, a microchip and a 30-day health guarantee.
Media Contact: Anthony Johnson, Director of Development, Montreal SPCA, 514-735-2711, ext 2259, or email@example.com
About the SPCA: founded in Montreal in 1869, the SPCA was the first humane society in Canada. Based on humanitarian principles, our mission is to:
- protect animals against negligence, abuse, and exploitation;
- represent their interests and ensure their well-being;
- raise public awareness and help develop compassion for all living beings
Visit our website at www.spca.com