Abandoned at the Montreal SPCA at the age of seven, Shaggy came to us in a very bad way. Her severely infected skin was yellow and flaky, and she was also suffering from a painful ear infection. Her teeth were in a terrible state, causing her a great deal of discomfort. On top of all that, we discovered that Shaggy had a serious eye problem that, if left untreated, would cause her to go blind.
Several interventions were necessary
- Medicated shampoo was used to treat Shaggy’s skin.
- A course of antibiotics lasting several weeks also tackled the skin condition, which was so bad she resembled an elephant.
- We began immediate treatment to cure her painful ear infection.
- Special eye drops were given to clear up her eye problems, hydrate her eyes and prevent the situation from worsening. Her sight was saved!
- Finally, our surgical team extracted 23 teeth.
It is entirely thanks to your generosity that we can provide this specialized care. Donate now! Your gift will be doubled, helping us care for the thousands of animals that will come through our doors in 2020.
See your donation doubled and help animals like Shaggy
$150 will allow us to sterilize four cats
$75 will cover the cost of two full medical examinations
$40 will fund vaccinations for four dogs
$30 will pay for four days of an animal’s stay in our facilities
As the new year approaches, we need to be ready to take in and care for the thousands of animals that come our way, no matter what state they arrive in. That’s why we need your help today! Thank you for your great generosity in helping the most vulnerable animals.
Don’t miss this chance to help our animal friends!
The monetary value of your donations will be doubled during our year-end campaign via the Bryant-Mapes Fund. We are grateful to Floranna Bryant and Dorothy Mapes, who made a special bequest to foster animal well-being. Thanks to them and the fund administrator, the amount of each donation you make by December 31, 2019, will be matched, up to a total of $100,000.